All Ubidots accounts begin with a single App that can be made available to users by way of a default or white-labeled App login portal. Each App in an Ubidots account, includes and follows the below hierarchical structure.
- Admin – person who creates and manages the Ubidots Account, its App(s), and its Organizations. 1 Admin possible per Ubidots Account.
- App(s) – single IoT solution containing dashboards, alerts, analytics, and organizations containing users with access permission in the form of a role.
- Organizations – different tranches of Users who have access to the data provided by the App, and controlled by the Admin.
- Roles – different authentication groups with designated permissions or restrictions to the tools, features, and data within an Ubidots App.
- Users – person(s) able to view an App's data and engage with Ubidots based on the particular Role that the users has been given.
Different Apps allow Ubidots Administrators to brand or white-label two, or more, applications to be accessed by different end-users. All Ubidots accounts begin with a single App. To add a second App to your account, please request one in the Apps section of your Ubidots Admin Account.
In this quick Roles Ubidots User Guide you'll learn to create, edit, and manage different user Roles to give users access to different aspects of an Ubidots App.
Table of Contents:
- Creating a new Role
- Ubidots Default Roles
- Edit & Delete Roles
1. Creating a new Role
- First, select the Roles tab from the main navbar.
- Then, click the "+" icon located in the top-right corner of the interface to add a new Role group.
- Add a title for the Role and description of the user group.
- Select or deselect any available permission allowing a user with this role to access the specific functionality of the designated permission.
When editing permissions, you will see the "✓" next to any enabled permission. When an "X" is visible, the permission will not be available to the users assigned to this Role.
2. Ubidots Default Roles
- Explorers: can create, edit, view, and delete dashboards and events. They can view the devices, variables, and values, but can't edit or delete these.
- Viewers: can view dashboards, devices, variables and their values, but can't create, edit, or delete them.
- Dashboard viewers: can only see data dashboards of their organization.
- Managers: can do everything an admin can do, except creating, editing, or deleting end-users.
- Create your own: using Roles, you can custom create user access permissions as you see fit.
3. Edit & Delete Roles
To edit & delete a Role, simply select the one the needed buttons from the chosen Role.
Other users also found helpful: