All Ubidots accounts begin with a single App that can be accessed by users under a specified permission role to view, create, or edit resources (Devices, Dashboards, Events, Tokens and End users) within an Ubidots-powered App. Here's a quick refresher of Ubidots hierarchy:
- Ubidots License Admin – a person who manages the Ubidots Account at industrial.ubidots.com, its App(s), Devices, Dashboards, Events, Organizations, Roles, and Users. Ubidots accounts may have one or several admins.
- App(s) – an IoT portal holding Organizations, and a set of configurations that define its appearance, custom domain, locale, visible features, and language.
- Organization(s) – an entity containing Devices, Dashboards, Events, Tokens, and End-users. End Users may have permissions over one or multiple Organizations.
- User Role – A permission group defined by the Admin, which specifies the type of access (Create, View, Edit, or Delete) an End User has over the entities contained in the Organization(s) the End User belongs to.
- End-User – A password-protected account that belongs to one or several Organizations, and accesses the Organization(s) entities through an App and engages with them based on the particular Role that the user has been given.
In this quick USERS Ubidots User Guide you'll learn to create, edit, and manage different users of an Ubidots powered App.
Table of Contents:
- Creating a new User
- Access, Edit, & Delete Users
1. Creating a new User
To create a user, select "User" from the "Users" tab in the main navbar then...
- Assign a Username, User email, and Password
- **Optional** Assign the user to Organization(s)
- Assign the Role (permissions group) for the user.
2. Access, Edit, & Delete Users
In the case you may need to edit a user, their Role, or see their activity, simply select the desired function from the below list of options:
Other users also found helpful: