Ubidots standard license is a non-commercial educational license that supports our mission of making IoT easier and more accessible for everyone. Used by thousands of students, researchers, and hobbyists around the world, Ubidots for Education is best applied to DIY projects and non-commercial uses and accessed via the access URL app.ubidots.com
If your project is aimed at a commercial application, then the expansive Ubidots for Business is likely the better fit and is accessed via the URL: industrial.ubidots.com
Here are the main differences between Ubidots for Education and Ubidots for Business:
Ubidots for Education
- Non-commercial use ONLY (education, research, or DIY projects)
- Recommend for up to 5 devices
- 3 rolling months of storage and retention
- Up to 60 dots per minute for all of your devices
- Self service support with Ubidots' Help Center or Community.
- Free until 5,000 credits of usage. Then you can purchase or earn more free credits.
- First device Free (up to 10 variables)
- Multiple dashboards for visualization
- Maximum 10 widgets per dashboard
- REST API and MQTT Support
- SMS, Email, WebHook & Telegram Alerts
- Derived variables computation (create variables using math expressions)
- Rolling window variables computation (create statistical operations like daily average, max value per month, etc.)
If you are an education institutions or non-profit, please note than many of your fellow organizations choose to upgrade to Ubidots for Business seeking longer data retention, private customization, and user management features. "Ubidots for Education" is an ideal for future IoT growth and not a designation of a user's affiliation with any groups or organizations.
Ubidots for Business
Ubidots for Business licenses allow system integrators, OEM's, and industrial IoT providers to create and deploy IoT applications and solutions quickly and with minimal architectural design efforts. With Ubidots for Business an Administrator can offer customized IoT portals for end-customers, develop IoT applications with greater reliability and support from Ubidots, and monitor an entire IoT deployment from one hub.
- No use restriction (can be used for both commercial or research projects)
- From 1 to thousands of devices (varies per plan)
- 2 rolling years of storage and retention
- Email and Phone support plans available
- 99.9% SLA or more
ALL features in the Educational license, plus:
- App Management: Create multiple apps, each one with a custom domain, logo, colors, and custom pages.
- IoT App Builder: Create custom widgets using your own HTML/JS, but is not yet available to be configured as an entire page.
- Device Management: Create organizations within apps, each one with it's own devices, users, dashboards, and events.
- User Management: Create users with different permissions and access capabilities.
Here is an infographic to better understand the architecture of Ubidots for Business. Every Ubidots for Business has a lead "Administrator" who manages the IoT application(s). Each IoT application has be assigned multiple organizations. Each organization can then be assigned it's own set of users and devices to optimize the application's functionality in a business' hierarchy.
Please contact our Sales Team with questions about Ubidots for Business pricing, your IoT application's solution, or additional resources.