XinaBox has been working hard to provide easy setup of the xChips especially for those who are just starting tinkering with electronics projects.
The XK01 kit is a set of multiple components that is versatile and perfect for any classroom in the world. This kit is an incredible and affordable option to start with STEM education in any school. Check out XinaBox official website for more information.
In this guide, we are going to show how easy is to start with the XK01 kit for IoT projects using Ubidots STEM; you just will need to make a few clicks in the XinaBox Uploader, set your WiFi credentials and your Ubidots Token to start receiving data automatically.
Getting started: XinaBox XK01 Kit
XinaBox Uploader Setup
Ubidots STEM Setup
1. Getting started: XinaBox XK01 Kit
To cover all the details on how to get started with the XinaBox XK01 Kit, we highly recommend checking out this document.
1. As you can see, the kit below is able to measure environmental conditions by collecting data such as temperature, pressure, humidity, visible light, UVA and UVB. Also, the data measured can be viewed immediately on the OLED display and transmitted over WiFi to transmit data to an online dashboard like the ones that Ubidots provides.
2. To start with your kit, you must assemble the xChips as shown above. To establish a proper connection of the modules, make sure to follow the next rules:
2. XinaBox Uploader Setup
1. To be able to load the software into the XinaBox CoreChips easily, you must use XinaBox uploader. In case you don’t have it, refer to this page to download it.
2. With the XK01 already assembled as shown before, connect it to your computer’s USB port using the IP01/IP02 xChip. At this point, the serial port (COM/UART) assigned to the kit will be automatically discovered and selected once you start the uploader.
3. Open XinaBox uploader.
NOTE: The app will ask you for an email to send you a token for authentication just the first time that you use the uploader.
4. In the first field of the uploader, verify the port assigned to the board.
In the second field, choose “XK01 Ubidots” as the app:
5. To finish with the load process, click “Flash”.
At this point, the application will show a dialog requiring your WiFi credentials and Ubidots Token. After assigning the parameters required, click “OK”:
NOTE: If you don’t know how to find your Ubidots Token refer to this guide.
6. Now your XK01 Kit is ready to go!
3. Ubidots STEM Setup
1. Once Ubidots firmware is already uploaded properly into your kit, refer to the device section of your Ubidots account and see how a new device is automatically created.
To give you a better idea of what you can build, check out the dashboard below:
Now we are able to deploy our own "Weather Station" in Ubidots using the XinaBox XK01 without being a coding expert.
Thanks to the XinaBox uploader now we're able to deploy solutions in just a few minutes without having to write a single line of code. You just need some basic configurations to start reporting your data to an IoT Platform like Ubidots STEM.
Other readers have also found useful...