Ubidots works to provide all its user a solid platform to develop and deploy connected solutions with reliable data retention, display, and management. To maximize the self-support model of Ubidots' application development platform, Ubidots has put in place a set of Support Standards and Resources to help foster your development.
Table of Contents
- Levels of Support
- Ubidots STEM Support
- Support Resources
- Communication Standards
- Who am I speaking with?
- Service Level Agreements
Levels of Support
Level 1: Self-Service (24 hours access)
Level 2: Ubidots Email and Chat Channel (24 hour response time)
Level 3: Ubidots Phone and On-site Support (Scheduled)
Ubidots is a developer friendly platform powering thousands of self-built connected solutions. Ubidots comprises of two fully separate development environments Ubidots STEM and Ubidots. Ubidots' support team is here to assist in the development of a connected solution, but Ubidots Support is not a form of free development, private firmware troubleshooters, or hardware design consultants. If a request or question for service exceeds the standard operating abilities of the core Ubidots platforms, the user will be directed to a Pre-sales Specialist to receive a custom development quote. If a question or request exceeds the knowledge base of the agent responding the inquiry, the agent will redirect the user to a more appropriate resource for additional assistance.
Ubidots STEM Support
Important note: Ubidots STEM is a self-help environment where users are encouraged to submit support requests and tickets to Ubidots Community Forums and an engaged community of Ubidots users will provide feedback in a timely fashion. Any tickets from Ubidots STEM users sent via email or Ubidots in-app chat channel will be directed to Ubidots Forums or addressed directly by the Ubidots staff as their time allows. Users who wish to take advantage of Ubidots' engineers and developers directly must upgrade to an Ubidots IoT Entrepreneur plan in which the 24 hour written support is standard.
Forums support, although encouraged for Ubidots core platform users, is not required with all Ubidots user support tickets being addressed at the Level 2 support expectations.
Support when using Ubidots Free Trial
Ubidots trial users can expect quality support during their entire experience. Ubidots Support Team is here to help you connect your hardware to the cloud and navigate the many features and capabilities available to see your application's development succeed on Ubidots IoT development platform. As Ubidots Support Team operates with limited resources, Ubidots personnel maintain the discretion to assist Ubidots Trial users to the best of their ability. If it is determined that the support request exceeds the available resources of Ubidots Support Team, the users will be notified accordingly and provided resources as to how they can continue development without the step-by-step support from our Team.
I have a question, where can I turn? Ubidots has a multitude of self-service resources available to help troubleshoot and often solve Level 1 and Level 2 support inquires.
- Help Center - a listing of 200+ articles, tutorials, updates, and more to help guide your development and troubleshoot possible hangups along the way.
- API Reference and Documentation - Ubidots API references contains details on communication protocols, data transmission setups, plus application design and integrations.
- Devices Libraries - a list of 50+ device integrations and libraries proven successful on the Ubidots platform.
- Ubidots Blog - an Ubidots powered resource for up-to-date Ubidots happenings including IoT industry research, trends, and develops.
- Community Forum - a community guided support network to help diagnose and resolve open issues relating to the Ubidots development platform.
- Community Projects - a open resource powered by Ubidots' partner Hackster.io which provides a plethora of connected solution tutorials, setups, and deployments.
- Terms of Service - standard reading materials describing you, your, data and how Ubidots will handle the relationship between users, data, and the organization Ubidots and its IP.
- System Status - resource to ensure uptime and reliability to customers with Ubidots powered connected solutions.
Ubidots as an organization has devoted itself to quality support. And as a cornerstone to Ubidots support we strive to have any and all support tickets that are opened responded to within 24 hours of receipt. Below are some standard means of communicating with Ubidots and its team with some expectations and services standards to ensure Ubidots provide a best-in-show service for all of its customers.
- In-App Chat Channel - Ubidots' in-app chat channel is available to Ubidots core users. Located in the bottom right-hand corner of Ubidots web based applications and website, the in-app chat channel is monitored with regularity between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm EST and frequently over weekends and holidays. All support tickets raised via the in-app chat channel will be responded to within 24 hours of receipt. Ubidots also works to maintain a median response time of fewer than 30 minutes across any given 5 day work week.
***All Ubidots STEM and active Ubidots trial users are encouraged to submit support requests and tickets to the Ubidots Community Forums where an engaged community of Ubidots STEM users will provide feedback in a timely fashion. Any support requests from Ubidots STEM users via the in-app chat channel will be redirected to Ubidots Community Forums. To take advantage of Ubidots' engineers and developers directly, upgrade to an Ubidots Developer plan where 24 hour written support is standard.
- Email Support Expectations - Ubidots' Team is available to core platform users by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails received at this are monitored with regularity between 8:00 am and 6:00 PM EST. Emails will be responded to as quickly as possible, often adhering to the same 24 hours response time from an Ubidots employee, excluding weekends and holidays.
***All Ubidots for STEM users are encouraged to submit support requests and tickets to the Ubidots Community Forums where an engaged community of Ubidots STEM users will provide feedback in a timely fashion. Any support requests from Ubidots STEM users via email will be redirected to Ubidots Community Forums. To take advantage of Ubidots' engineers and developers directly, upgrade to an Ubidots Developer plan where 24 hour written support is standard.
- Social Media Replies - Ubidots communicates with users over Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Although these social media resources are utilized for communication, the in-app chat channel and email are the choice options for prompt service requests.
- Community Forums - Ubidots' Community Forums is an open network of information with ranging topics and inquiries for all users. This is a Community driven resource which Ubidots monitors regularly to ensure feedback is provided in timely fashion.
As the main support channel for Ubidots STEM users, Ubidots Community Forums and Help Center should be utilized as the first troubleshooting source. Any abuse or negative community engagement will be dealt will swiftly by Ubidots managerial team to ensure the quality and respect that all Ubidots users are due. To take advantage of Ubidots' engineers and developers directly, upgrade to an Ubidots Developer plan where 24 hour written support is standard.
- Blog Replies - Ubidots Blog is a avenue to learn facts, trends, and happenings relating to Ubidots, cloud applications, and Internet of Things. Blog notes are typically not related to Support and are therefore monitored on an as-needed basis. Replies to any inquires received on Ubidots Blog are responded on a biweekly basis.
- Phone Conferencing - Ubidots' paying customers can request phone support or receive 24 hour phone coverage as determined by a mutually agreed to and signed Service Level Agreement. Phone conferencing is restricted to Ubidots customers only and depending on the scope and complexity of the support, could be identified as Private Consulting or Training for which a cost and invoice will be provided accordingly. Should the request or inquiry require consulting or training fees, the user will be notified and asked to accept any charges prior to any service(s), education, or support being provided.
- In-person/On-site Trainings - Ubidots will provided In-person or On-site Training and Development to Ubidots customers of IoT Lab or greater and privately contracted clientele. Private services and on-site trainings can be requested by email with service fees beginning at $1,000 per day.
When I talk to Ubidots, who am I speaking with?
- Commercial Agents and Pre-Sales Engineers: Intended to assist users in solving any commercial doubts related to our Ubidots services, including custom development estimations.
- Hardware Engineers: Intended to assist users in solving doubts about hardware libraries, API related inquires, or minor integration inquires with Ubidots' partner's products and services. The Ubidots engineer is not required to support the development of code or firmware in any device, nor the custom routines of a device or code, CAD designs, or similar.
- Software Engineers: Intended to assist users in any issue related to Ubidots' platforms. Data reception, widgets visualization, app bugs, and similar will be addressed by Ubidots Software and UX engineers.
- Operations Agents: Intended to assist in the the above-support roles to overcome any administrative or customer happiness inquires.
Service Level Agreements
Ubidots works with its clients IT and OT departments to reach mutually agreed upon Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Because different organizations have different exceptions, each SLA is a custom designed agreement to adhere to certain policies and expectations ranging from phone-support to 99% uptime. Any failure from Ubidots to adhere to the agreed upon SLA will result in a breach of Agreement and a 10% monthly invoice credit will be applied to the customer's account for that month or in accordance with the sign agreement stipulations. If a more distinct SLA is in place, the terms of the SLA on the account supersede the contents of this article and Ubidots terms and conditions of service. For any inquiries related to SLAs and or the development of an SLA with Ubidots, please reach out to Ubidots' team by email.
For Any Additional Inquires, See to Ubidots Terms and Conditions of Service.