Sending notifications and updates via Slack will keep you and your coworkers informed and on-time. To configure Slack events from your Ubidots Apps does require a small integration using the Incoming Webhook App which is powered by Slack. The Incoming Webhooks App is a simple way to post messages from Ubidots into Slack. The webhooks make use of normal HTTP requests with a JSON payload.
Follow the simple steps below to configure your Slack events with Ubidots and keep your office up-to-date and on-time.
- Slack Event Configuration
- To (Channel or Users)
- Locating and Configuring the Webhook URL in Slack
1. Slack Event Configuration
To create a Slack Event notification from your Ubidots App, follow the on-screen setup to creating any Event. Additional details to Event setup and when an event is triggered can be found at Ubidots Conditional Events Engine.
Note that when setting up the event you must stipulate the Events Icon or Emoticon. The results of your choice here will look a little something like the following sample event:
Slack Event Configuration:
Slack Events with Emoji:
Slack Events with Image:
Reference image URL: https://ubidots.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/Ubidots-Catalog-icons/arduino_logo.png
2. To (Channel or Users)
With Ubidots Slack Events your Apps can notify a #team or any @individual team member you need. To send events to team channels or an individual use the below structure, including the symbols. BE SURE TO SPELL EVERYTHING CORRECT.
- Slack Event to a #Team Channel:
- Slack Event to a @Individual Team Member:
3. Locating and Configuring the Webhook URL in Slack
To complete the configuration of the Slack event, you must locate the correct URL end-point of your private slack channel. Follow the simple steps below to locate the correct URL webhook endpoint so that your Ubidots Slack Event can be delivered reliably to the correct Slack channel.
1. Access the Apps section of your Slack account and add the App "Incoming WebHooks" from the Slack App Directory
The URL to access a team's Slack channel APPS is as follows:
2. Next, create or "Add Configuration"
3. Create the Post to Channel URL by selecting which Slack Channel you would like to reach, or create a new channel.
4. Then, "Add the Incoming Wehbooks Integration"
5. Next, copy and paste the Webhook URL from Slack into the Ubidots Event Setup in your Ubidots Account.
Slack Wehbook URL:
Ubidots Event Setup:
6. Next, adjust the text or message of the Event or Notification you are sending and then press the green "✓" to save the Event.
7. Await for the next time that your data passes through the threshold and the notification to appear in your Slack Channel.
Other users have also found helpful: