When you start scaling your IoT initiative, things can get messy from all the testing. If you want to delete some of the information from your dashboard, follow the below steps.
Table of Contents:
- Delete a Device
- Reset a Device's data
- Delete a Variable
- Reset a Variable's data
- Delete a single dot reading of a Variable
- Delete a range of data from a Variable
1. Delete a Device?
Go to and hover the device you want to delete. You will see two icons in the bottom right: one for assigning this device to an organization, the second, a "trashcan" icon for deleting a device. If you wish to delete the device, select the trashcan and confirm.
2. Reset a Device's Data
From any Device you can easily clear all gathered data without having to recreate the device. To clear all data from a Device, simply open the device you need to reset and click the "compass" icon located in the main control bar to remove any recorded data.
3. Delete a Variable
If you wish to delete a variable, select and open the device to view all actionable variables. Then hover over the variable to select the trashcan in the bottom right and confirm:
4. Reset a Variable's Data
From any Variable you can easily clear all gathered data without having to recreate the variable. To clear data from a Variable, simply open the Variable you need to reset and click the "compass" icon located in the main control bar to remove any recorded data.
5. Delete a single dot reading of a Variable
If you wish to erase one or a few individual data readings, scroll down in your Variable's data and click the "trashcan" icon to remove any individual data points.
6. Delete a range of data from a Variable
1) Select the Device and underlying Variable you're working with. Then, from the top-center of the display, select the time frame you'd like to erase.
2) Next, with the range of data you wish to delete displayed, simply click the sprocket icon in the variable's menu and choose "Delete values", and accept:
For additional details to how you can delete a range of data, please see to this article for additional troubleshooting and setup.
Other users also found helpful: